Saturday 29 November 2014

Nov 29


Sky's are clearing and we are seeing more fair weather cumulus and less squall clouds. Olga and I avoided a squall this morning with some slight course changing and since then has been pretty smooth sailing. The wind is decreasing a bit, backing to the NE and the swell is decreasing as well. We are averaging a little over 6K which is nice and travelling around 150M per day over the last few days which is much easier to manage than dealing with squalls and varying wind speed and direction. 
I fell asleep before my midnight watch so Jen swapped her 0600 watch with me. It's nice to have a change of watch and I managed to get a good five or six hours sleep..
Music was playing on the stereo last night and it was nice to be able to hear it well at the slower boat and wind speeds. When the wind is up there's a constant roar from the wake which makes if a bit difficult to hear over.
The parasailor was up all night and doing it's thing, slowly pulling us west.
Earlier in the passage there were times I had constant music in my head, like strange slow symphonies. Maybe promoted by the sounds of the waves and autopilot sounds, but they seemed to go on endlessly, like some trance music. The sea seems to bring out some strange senses. Olga had rage the same sensation.
Also dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment