Sunday 30 November 2014

Nov 30

Aviads birthday today. I think Jen will make a lamb pie and cake for him later. Aviad doesn't really like chicken of fish, unless it's from a tuna can, so he hasn't had the best diet so far, although he still cooks up a storm and loves to experiment :)
Nice sailing day again with 15K from the ENE.
Dreams on board seem to be very crazy and vivid for everyone as well. I guess promoted by the strange sounds and motions around us that our senses aren't used to. Mine last night was definitely all about the boat. I was chatting to Stan somwhere and I remember being worried about my kite. I'd left it tied to a tree at bird rock and I was worried it would blow away in the wind, which was steadily rising. My friends told me not to worry and it will still be there but I couldn't stop worrying about it. Eventually a friend agreed to come get it with me. I didn't have a bag for it but found one outside the bird rock cafe on the way and as he rode his dragster and I half ran along side I was disappointed to see my kite gone from its previous position. As I searched the sky and beach for any sign, I woke up to find Sephina hurtling along under parasailor with a rising wind. I askd Jen what the wind speed was as I asked them to drop it at 20K at night, and she told me it was 24K. Drop the parasailor I said, still half asleep, in the cake. We dropped it on deck, set the jib and were going very slowly at 4-5 K as the wind dropped back to 15K again. A bit later we reset the parasail to make better speed. 
Obviously that dream was directly related to my thoughts, but many are totally random and strange...

A nice days sail today with an average of 6K over smooth seas and 15K trade winds. Very relaxed sailing and hardly a need to trim the sails or adjust course. Jen made lamb pie and chocolate cake for Aviads birthday and we had some red wine  and played some guitar and sang some songs. Sailing through the evening and watching the occasional squall go by a few miles south of us. So far so good...


No comments:

Post a Comment